Saturday 2 January 2021

Christmas Sewing Roundup - BONUS CONTENT

 I can't believe I forgot this in the other post, but I also sewed some new PJs for B!


We've constantly struggled with a TNT pattern for pyjamas for B. Originally I tried to use the Butterick 5432, but its roomy draft wasn't quite right. Then we tried to draft a pair from Metric Pattern Cutting for Menswear, but the draft resulted in very weird proportions (enormous crotch depth!). So for this set of PJs, I borrowed a pair of RTW pyjamas and traced a pattern. 

This was my Christmas Eve panic project and so the pattern is a little slapdash and lacks some of the detail of the RTW pair, but I think they turned out nicely. If the fit gets approval then I'll keep this ready to use next time. 

I love the fabrics - they're both from Dragonfly Fabrics as I was trying to use of a gift card for the site. The yellow one is a Lady McElroy fabric and the blue one was called a Yuma Cotton.

That's it,

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment