Friday 17 November 2017

Chores #2 (Clothes for sweating in)

I really needed to free up some cupboard space, so I made these things:

Crop top/Sports bra

Picture the scene: 7.30pm on a Thursday night before a training weekend with Gog Magog Molly. You've just finished a dance class and have another tomorrow before a sweaty train journey straight to training. You don't own enough sports bras for all of it*. You feel like you have spare time (you don't) and that itch creeps up on you.

You throw together an eccentric mix and somehow at the end of the night, there is a functional item for keeping your boobs in place.


Stripey top

Yes, I know I'll look like a deckchair.

This fabric was hanging about in the cupboard. It's probably a lycra/spandex mixed with a crazy synthetic but I thought it'd make good sweaty material. And I wasn't that invested in it if things went wrong. I had about 50cm available from a wide bolt so my original concept didn't quite fit and some sacrifices needed to be made. Again, nothing special but it works!



Bye,
K


*A couple of weeks beforehand you didn't own any sports bras, but then your prof makes you sweat through a regular bra so badly that you have to go and buy a new one after class...maybe it's time to just invest in a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment