Wednesday 11 February 2015

Money Saving Tips for the Frugal Stitcher (7/7) - Some closing thoughts

Hey guys, 

It looks like we've come to the end of this series. Either I've run out of ideas, strung it on more than long enough or perhaps realised that you can never totally opt out of being a consumer.

I am certain you can save money if you sew. You save money on clothing, homewares and gifts. On the other hand, it can become a very expensive pursuit and that's a big risk if you're generally short on dough. 

If you want to get your sewing budget under control, you need to think and act carefully.
+ Who are you? What do you sew? What are your spending priorities? Can you combine costs and benefits?
+ Look after your tools, repair and repurpose
+ Stop spending too much on patterns
+ Treat your stash like a pantry: things will expire.
+ If you can get it discounted or free, do it!

I wrote all of these posts in one go on a snowy day in January 2014 in Berlin. Seems like I'm a bit guilty of dishing out advice and not following it one single jot.

After a binge at the start of October 2014, I've decided to start tracking how much I spend on sewing. Why didn't I do this in January? Beats me.



Stay safe,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment