Wednesday 14 November 2018

Catchup: I made an outfit


I made these pieces in the early spring and I feel like I really should write a bit about them. They don’t seem particularly interesting – and I sewed them so long ago with no notes so it’s tough to know what to say. I did post a review on PatternReview.com, so pop over there if you’re interested.

I also haven't been in the mood to be in front of a camera for a while so there aren't any new photos to go with recent projects. Hopefully you'll get something new before Xmas, but I make no promises. The making carries on, slowly and surely, but it is taking a while to appear.

Green Corduroys

I used my self-drafted Helsinki Jean pattern but mixed it up a bit woth a double-height waistband. I really should add an elastic or wear with a belt as the fabric is still quite loose. The fabric is from Edinburgh Fabrics, the pocket linings are Liberty’s Harkness McNair in purple.









Grey Top

This pattern still needs perfecting. It’s too tight, and I only wore this once before cutting it up and turning it into underpants.

You can see how I feel about this top...

Nike Hoodie #2

I’ve been meaning to remake my Nike Hoodie for a very long time! I finally got round to it! This time I left off the zips, but still found it to be a bit complicated to construct. The main fabric came from my Japan trip, it’s a lovely blue/stone knit with a crinkly textre. There are 2 knit layers which are meshed together in the fern motifs. The hood lining is a plum jersey from Goldbrick Fabrics.

This hoodie is being truly used and abused – it’s wonderful.






That’s it for now
Bye!
K

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete