Saturday 21 March 2020

Distractions pt10 - Well, that escalated quickly...

There have been a lot of times over the last 3 years when I've made a choice to post here while absolutely refusing to acknowledge the outside world. While we don't exist or create things in a vacuum, I have always wanted this blog to focus attention on the emotional rollercoaster of making stuff, and to stay away from the deluge of topical content created elsewhere on the internet.

And yet, this week threw all the rules out of the window.

We have gone from a fairly clear timeline on finishing and moving in to the house, to something where (in my mind at least) we can't see two days ahead. The builders are making astonishing progress, but the house still looks like this:


At a minimum, the house is basically safe and sealed. I wasn't sure we would get there earlier this week. Next is the plasterers...

If work continues, I'll keep posting about it.

No photo of my future sewing space this week, I forgot to get one when we visited today.

On Monday night, both B and I were given the 'work from home' instruction from our employers. Eager to find a means of 'closing the door' on one another early on, we needed to rejig the house a bit. We hastily found a new spot to store the dishwasher, piled the demolition tools high in a corner and recommissioned my work area:


You can see that this leaves my sewing machine and overlocker accessible. And you know already that I stocked up my stash to see me through until 2021. Now I just need to find time amongst all of the virtual meetups to actually do some sewing...

First up: Burda 6875, version 2


You might get to see the 2019 projects at this rate

K

No comments:

Post a Comment