Sunday 29 March 2020

Distractions pt11 - Plastering

While everyone else was panic-buying eggs and bog roll, our builder bought all the plaster he could get his hands on. It looks like we now have 4 rooms (of 6 total) completely plastered. My sewing corner currently looks like this:


I have no idea what's going to happen next. Everything depends on people staying healthy and which supplies we can get hold of.

In sewing news, I threw together some gloves to wear to the supermarket. They are shockingly bad quality, but they will do the job and can be laundered easily. No, I'm not posting a photo!

Today I did some overlocker maintenance. I cleaned out approx 6 months of fluff, and replaced the blades. My apologies to the overlocker for letting it get so fluffy.

Work on Burda 6875 continues. I've inserted the sleeves (only took 6 attempts!) and added the shoulder pads. I'm not sure if sleeves in jackets are just difficult or if I always do something wrong. The more jackets I make, the more frustrated I am by shoulders/sleeves that don't look very good on my body. A jacket without sleeves might look great, and then it collapses when the sleeves go in. Then my bony shoulder suddenly moves to a completely different part of the jacket pokes out.



On a different note, I find that a lot of the jackets I make are cut very high in the armpit. I don't own enough RTW jackets to comment whether this is normal, but it's frustrating to feel like there isn't enough room. It might be because I'm too familiar with loose fit/casual clothing and anything different feels weird.

I'm omitting the sleeve vents on this version, but still need to make sure the CB vent looks good. That might be this afternoon's task.

K x


No comments:

Post a Comment