Sunday 24 January 2021

Distractions pt21 - six feet to the left

I think I'm ready to show you my new sewing space. It's not finished, it's not photogenic but it's up and running.

If I were a proper blogger I'd have Before and After photos ready to show you so you get The Big Reveal (I'd also load this site up with pop ups, but we won't mention that). You would have thought that stringing you along with these Distraction posts was the whole point! But I have a confession to make instead.

You see, my sewing space is about six feet to the left of all the in-progress photos I have shown you so far...

Oops...

I have rejigged this room in my mind multiple times, and when it came down to it, things didn't fit the way they were planned.

Now that we're working from home for the long haul, I also felt the need to be near the big window in our backdoor. It's not glamorous, but it's natural light and the rose outside keeps me company. In the warm weather I kept the door open during the day to see the plants. We get very good rain noise, so I'm enjoying that too.

The ironing board fits quite nicely in the room too, so I'm quite pleased!

There are still a few things to tweak in my new sewing space. I have no hanging space anymore and need to find a new way of storing my scissors, project notes/queue. We need to finalise the shelves. We've just unpacked onto them,  and haven't fixed them permanently yet. I also need to free up a bit of space in the stash cupboard to store works in progress (if not appropriate to rest on the mannequin)

That's it for now!

Kx

No comments:

Post a Comment